The Ghanaian version is quite different from the Nigerian White Rice and Beans because potash and millet leaves are usually added to their recipe.
However, Nigerian White Rice and Beans is not eaten plain. It’s usually served with sauces, stews, salmon patties or vegetable salad.
Below is a well detailed and easy recipe to make Nigerian White Rice and Beans.
Ingredients For Nigerian White Rice and Beans:
• 2 cups beans
• 3 cups rice
• Salt to taste
Directions For Nigerian White Rice and Beans:
• Pick the beans to get rid of any dirt or stones then rinse and place in a pot. Add enough water to cover the beans and cook for about 30 minutes.
• Wash the rice thoroughly until the water comes out clear then add it to the beans on fire and cook for 15 minutes. Bring the White Rice and Beans down, sieve and rinse with water.
• Then, rinse the pot and put it back on heat. Add enough water to cover the White Rice and Beans when added. Add salt to the water then cover and leave to boil.
• Once it starts boiling, pour in the rinsed White Rice and Beans, then cover and cook until the water is totally dried up.
• Nigerian White Rice and Beans can be served with Nigerian tomato stew, egg stew, vegetable stew, buka stew, chicken stew, beef stew or fish stew. Enjoy!
• Please share and leave a comment below, and don't forget to give me feedback on how your Nigerian White Rice and Beans turned out.