It is slightly spicy, delicious and nutritious. Nigerian Pancake is distinct and is usually eaten as a breakfast meal.
Below is a well detailed and easy recipe on how to make Nigerian Pancake.
Ingredients For Nigerian Pancake:
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 2 medium-sized eggs
• 2 tablespoons margarine/melted butter
• ½ cup evaporated milk (peak milk)
• 1 tablespoonful minced onions
• 6 teaspoons sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup water
• Powdered pepper to taste
• Vegetable oil for frying
Directions For Nigerian Pancake:
• Put the margarine or butter in a small plate and melt into liquid. Break the two eggs into the melted margarine and beat until it's smooth.
• In a bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar and powdered pepper then mix very well and create a hole in the middle.
• Now, add the egg mixture, milk, onions and 1 cup of water to the flour mix. Mix very well until all the ingredients are well combined and fully incorporated.
Quick Tip: If you are lazy or simply in a rush, make use of an electric whisk to mix all the ingredients together or just pour all the ingredients into a blender and blend until it's smooth.
• Set a frying pan on medium heat and add a little vegetable oil to it. Use a brush to spread the oil on the whole surface of the pan and heat up until hot.
• When the oil is hot, scoop some pancake batter and pour into the frying pan. Then shake the pan, so that the batter can evenly coat the surface of the pan. It should be a very thin coat.
• Fry the underside for a minute, while shaking the pan from time to time until it becomes loose. You can also use a spatula to loosen the Pancake.
• When the underside is light brown, flip the pancake and fry the top side until lightly browned as well. Repeat the process for the remaining Pancake batter.
• That's it, your Nigerian Pancake is ready.
• Nigerian Pancake can be served alone or with custard, soya milk, akamu (pap) or any drink of your choice. Enjoy!
• Please share and leave a comment below, and don't forget to give me feedback on how your Nigerian Pancake turned out.