Many people think that Nigerian Red Velvet Cake is hard to make, which isn't true if you know the basis and follow carefully.
Below is a well detailed and easy recipe to make the best Nigerian Red Velvet Cake.
Ingredients For Nigerian Red Velvet Cake:
• 2½ cup plain flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 2 tablespoon red colour
• 1½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
• 2 medium-sized eggs
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 1 cup buttermilk
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1½ cup vegetable oil (butter)
Notes On Nigerian Red Velvet Cake:
• Traditionally Nigerian Red Velvet Cake is made with vegetable oil but you can use butter as substitute.
• To make buttermilk, put one tablespoon of vinegar in a cup and add enough milk to fill it, then leave to sit for 5-10 minutes.
Directions For Nigerian Red Velvet Cake:
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the baking pan, by rubbing a little butter or vegetable oil on the inside of the pan. Or lightly dust the baking pan with some flour.
• Next, cream the vegetable oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one egg to it and beat until well combined then add the remaining one and mix very well.
• Now, make a paste of the cocoa and red food colouring. Add it to the creamed sugar mixture. Then mix salt, vanilla and buttermilk together.
• Now, add the flour and buttermilk mixture to the creamed sugar mixture and mix until well combined. Mix the baking powder and vinegar in a cup.
• It will start foaming immediately. Gently fold it into the cake until well combined. Then run a spatula around the sides of the bowl and gently scoop the batter or turn it over.
• Next, place the Nigerian Red Velvet Cake batter inside the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven until a fork or toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
• Don't mistake the moistness for being undone. When it cools, it'll be perfect. Frost and decorate the Nigerian Red Velvet Cake with butter icing or fondant icing to your taste.
• Nigerian Red Velvet Cake can be served with malt, zobo drink, soya milk or any other drink of your choice. Enjoy!
• Please share and leave a comment below, and don't forget to give me feedback on how your Nigerian Red Velvet Cake turned out.