Nigerian Buns is a rich flavor snack, that's crunchy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. It is similar to Nigerian Puff Puff and is easy to make.
Below is a well detailed and easy recipe to make Nigerian Buns.
Ingredients For Making Nigerian Buns:
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2½ teaspoons baking powder
• ¾ cup granulated sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
• ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
• ¾ cup whole milk
• 4 big eggs
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
Directions For Making Nigerian Buns:
• In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg. Then, stir in the milk, eggs, and melted butter. Mix very well until all the ingredients are well combined (the batter should be thick, smooth and spoon able).
• Heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat. It should be about 5 centimeters high or at least 3 inches deep (little oil will make the Buns flat in shape).
• Now, scoop some batter with your hand or a spoon and drop it into the oil. Fry the Buns until the underside is golden brown, then flip over and fry the top side until golden brown.
• Repeat the process for the remaining dough and fry in batches, so you don't overcrowd the pan. Now, transfer to a sieve lined with paper towels or napkins to absorb excess oil. That's it, your Nigerian Buns is ready.
• Nigerian Buns can be served alone or with malt drink, soya milk drink, zobo drink, kunun or any other drink of your choice. Enjoy!
• Please share and leave a comment below, and don't forget to give me feedback on how your Nigerian Buns turned out.