It is one of the most requested delicacies in restaurants, eateries and festive gatherings because of its colour, taste and aroma. Nigerian Fried Rice is simply delicious and irresistible.
Below is a well detailed and easy recipe to make the best Nigerian Fried Rice.
Ingredients For Nigerian Fried Rice:
• 500g long grain white rice
• 500g chicken/turkey/beef
• 500ml chicken stock (turkey/beef)
• 100g cow liver (beef, chicken or shrimps)
• 2 big carrots
• 1 handful green peas
• 1 big green bell pepper
• 2 medium sized onions
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 4 tablespoons curry powder
• 1 teaspoonful garlic powder
• ½ tablespoonful black or white pepper (optional)
• 2-3 cooking spoonful vegetable oil
• 4 seasoning cubes
• Salt to taste
Directions For Nigerian Fried Rice:
• Wash all the vegetables, slice the onions and set aside, peel the carrots and cut into small cubes. Remove the seeds of the green bell pepper and chop into small pieces.
• Place the chopped carrots and green peas in boiling water for 5 minutes, sieve and pour into a bowl of cold water to cool, then strain and set aside.
• Wash and place the cow liver in a pot, add a seasoning cube and salt to taste. Cook the liver for 10 minutes, allow to cool, then cut into cubes and set aside. The liver can also be fried before slicing.
• Prepare the stock by washing and placing the chicken pieces in a pot. Add the thyme, 1 teaspoon curry, 1 stock cube and some onion slices then add a little water and cook for 10 minutes.
• Then, add more water and cook until done. Pour the chicken stock into a strainer to remove tiny chicken bones and any other particles in it, then set aside for later use. Now, fry or grill the chicken and set aside.
• Bring some water to a boil and add the long grain rice to it. Cover and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, then rinse and leave to drain in a sieve.
• Now, pour the reserved chicken stock into a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. It should be at the same level as the rice, so add some water if the stock won't be enough to cook the Rice.
• Once the stock starts boiling, add salt to taste, seasoning cubes, curry powder, garlic powder, onions and then the parboiled rice. Leave to cook on medium heat until it's done.
• Heat up the vegetable oil, add the carrots, green peas, green bell pepper and diced liver then add a little white/black pepper, some garlic and curry powder, seasoning cube to taste then stir fry for 1 min and pour the content into a bowl.
• The rice is going to be fried in batches, so divide the stir-fried vegetables into equal portions. Scoop some of the stir-fried mix into a frying pan, add some precooked rice and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Tip: Do not overcrowd the pan, so that you can move the rice around for even distribution of heat.
• Repeat this process for the remaining rice and vegetable mix. That's it, your Nigerian Fried Rice is ready.
• Nigerian Fried Rice can be served with asun, fried eggs, Nigerian moi moi, fried plantains, fried or grilled chicken, turkey, fish or beef. Enjoy!
• Please share and leave a comment below, and don't forget to give me feedback on how your Nigerian Fried Rice turned out.