Nigerian Club Sandwich is a healthy and light meal usually served as breakfast and on local Nigerian flights.
It is not originated from Nigerian but is very popular across the country. Nigerian Club Sandwich can be eaten as a snack, a starter or a meal on it own.
Below is a well detailed and easy recipe to make Nigerian Club Sandwich.
Ingredients For Nigerian Club Sandwich:
• 4 slices bread
• 2 pieces sardine
• 1 hardboiled egg
• 1 medium carrot
• ¼ small cabbage
• 1 fresh plum tomato
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon margarine/butter
Directions For Nigerian Club Sandwich:
• Wash all the vegetables very well. Scrape the carrot and remove the seeds from the tomato. Grate or chop the cabbage and carrot into tiny bits.
• Chop the tomato into very tiny pieces. Cut the hardboiled egg into tiny pieces. Place the carrot, tomato, cabbage and egg in a bowl, then add the mayonnaise and mix very well.
• In a plate, mash the sardine with a fork and mix with the margarine. Using a bread knife, cut off the crusty ends from the slices of bread.
• Take one slice of bread, spread the margarine and sardine mix on one side of it and cover with the second slice of bread.
• Repeat the above step with the remaining two slices of bread. Now, take the first 2 slices of bread and rub the mayonnaise mixture on one side of it and cover with the other two slices.
• Now, all the slices of bread are stuck together with 2 filling of the margarine mixture and 2 filling of the mayonnaise mixture. That's it, your Nigerian Club Sandwich is ready.
• Nigerian Club Sandwich can be served with fruit juices, soya milk, malt drink, zobo drink or any other drink of your choice. Enjoy!
• Please share and leave a comment below, and don't forget to give me feedback on how your Nigerian Club Sandwich turned out.